Section 4: Mac OS X Upgrade
Intel Core 2 Duo or Higher
Nvidia GTS 8000 Series or Higher or
ATI 4000 Series or Higher
2 GB of Ram
16 GB or larger Hard Drive or Solid State Drive
8 GB Flash Drive
Part 2: Mac OS X Download
1. Boot into a working Mac OS X installation running Mac OS X 10.7.5 or higher.
3. Wait for the Download process to complete.
4. Continue to Part 3
Part 3: Clover Update
1. Download the latest release of Clover found here.
2. Run the installer and follow the prompts. Do not change any settings as this is just to update the Bootloader.
4. Go to the following Location:
5. The following screen will appear:
6. Open the Folder of the Mac OS X Version that the Clover USB contains.
7. Copy the Kexts into that folder.
Note Generic Extensions to allow Booting Mac OS X can be found Here if needed
8. Continue to Part 4.
Part 4: Install Mac OS X
1. Run the Install OS X version that the system is being upgraded to.
2. Follow the prompts.
3. Once the system reboots there will be a new selection. The new selection will match the version of Mac OS X that the system is being updated to. Boot to this selection. To make the install boot you may need to enter boot flags. Common boot flag combinations are as followed:
LGA 2011: -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000
LGA 1366: -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000
LGA 1150: -v
LGA 1155: -v
Needed for 10.10: kext-dev-mode=1
Nvidia GPU issues use: nv_disable=1
4. The upgrade will then begin.
5. Once the system reboots boot into the normal boot drive.
6. For Post Install please use one of the DMG’s provided here on Rampage Dev that is appropriate for your system. Not all systems are supported. Removal of the Kexts located in the Clover EFI partition is required!