Section 1: Fusion Drive Creation
1. Boot into the Mac OS X USB installer.
2. Go to Utilities in the Menu Bar.
3. Open Terminal:
4. The following screen will appear:
5. Enter the following into Terminal:
6. Press Enter.
7. Identify the SSD and Hard Drive that will be used for the Fusion Drive:
8. Enter the following into Terminal. Replace the # with the recorded Disk Numbers from Step 7:
diskutil cs create “Fusion Drive” disk# disk#
9. Press Enter.
10. Enter the following into Terminal:
diskutil cs list
11. Press Enter.
12. Verify that the Fusion Disk is present and record the Logic Volume Group Number (UUID) of the Fusion Disk:
13. Enter the following into Terminal. Replace the UUID with the recorded number from Step 12:
diskutil cs createVolume UUID jhfs+ “Macintosh HD” 100%
14. Press Enter.
15. Wait until the process is complete.
16. Exit Terminal.
17. Continue to Section 2.