Today we are releasing the Dual CPU DMG. I wish to thank all of who donated towards this project. For those wonder which generation this DMG supports that would be C602, C604 and C606 Chipsets. This does not support the latest Gen from Intel for the time being.
So what should you know before you begin?
- Always ask us before you buy a Dual CPU board if the board will work for Mac OS X. Many of the offerings on the market simply do not work or require so many work arounds that they are unstable.
- Yes, you can update from the Apple App Store. We have tested Mac OS X 10.11.3 to 10.11.4 to 10.11.5 however you must install NULLCPU (provided on the DMG) prior to updating or the system will not be able to boot.
- Yes, you can do a clean install however you must use the files that are on the DMG to do so and expect the system to take 15-20 mins to boot to the install screen. We do not know why this is the case at this time.
- Do not install Black Magic Cards in slots that are on the same CPU as a GPU. There is a open issue with their driver that floods the PCIe lane which bogs down GPU performance.
- Last the Clover Config file is hardcoded for 128 GB of ram. We are thinking that we will offer different combinations of configurations depending on user needs. If you install more then 64 GB of ram you must hard coded the amount in the Clover Config list.
You can download the DMG from our download page.